Cross Column

Avodah - chinuch - hadracha - ezer kenegdo

4.01.2008

This has Blessed my socks off

and I've only been awake 40 minutes or so walking on the treadmill

http://graftedin.com/sermons/Passover.mp3

Get ready to be Blessed
Amanda, the photo is for you to see the bridesmaid dresses my mom made for a 2004 wedding. They are cream with black lace on top. The bride got the idea from a similar dress my mom made for me based on titanic movie with red underneath and black lace on top. Of course mine had sleeves. I don't do sleeveless, which is why I'm not a bridesmaid here in this photo.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Swylv, I saw your comment at Candy's about the killing of Native Americans and the founding of our country. When I was in school, it was presented that all Europeans had no qualms about how the Indians were being enslaved, killed etc. When in college, I took a Native American history class, and there I learned that there was controversy over the treatment of the Indians even at that time.

It really started a Europe-wide debate, with the Dutch completely separating themselves from any sort of mistreatment. Anyway, I'm not sure if the resources you use will include that information, but I thought I'd let you know in case you want to include it yourself. Searching for information on Bartolomé de las Casas will get you started. He is the biggest name on the anti-slavery side.