Cross Column

Avodah - chinuch - hadracha - ezer kenegdo

1.25.2010

Wrapping up Year 2 -- finally!

Even though we are officially in "3rd grade" we still needed to finish about 2 terms in Year 2. This week will be the end of the Year 2 readings (other than free reads which will be carried over) and starting febr. onto Year 3 readings.

DS has had some really insightful narrations. Children really are capable of making connections and finding deeper meanings.

on Jan 12th my niece Madison was released from the heart doctor's care so HaleluYAH!!!!

Other than that just trying to survive staying with my mom and her husband -- who is a very very bad influence on DS so prayers needed we can get out of here soon.

Joined another fitness challenge as well. Last year we were challenged to workout once in the AM and again later in the day. Talk about pound losage even while eating normally.

This time aim is 300-900 minutes of excerise per week and we have to log calories as well.

I came across something about how people challenged themselves to read 50 books in 2009....so I went back and added up my readings. I read 64 that I can remember give or take a non-fiction that may have slipped my recollection. ok so how did I read so much? Well it's amazing what you can do while walking on a treadmill one hour every morning.

DS is back in gymnastics and currently plays basketball and soon will be time for machine pitch baseball again and then he wants to play flag football also. Not to mention bike/skateboarding/swimming when the weather warms up again.

No comments: