Cross Column

Avodah - chinuch - hadracha - ezer kenegdo

2.15.2010

Year 3 Goings On

As I am taking some time to work on Year 3 organization I wanted to leave an accounting here.

I just finished a book titled "People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks --wow what a story! It mentioned many of the people/times/places we've been reading about recently as well. (now I didn't say this was a "chrischun" book so there I notified you up front) However those with a liking for historical mystery that is based on a Haggadah will enjoy.

I'm taking a few moments to compile some Book of Centuries images for year 3 mentioned thus far. I plan to keep this file and would be willing to pass it on.

I'd also like to make a map for use during Pilgrim's Progress but the one from the 1800's is so anti-Hebrew Roots it's pathetic! Who do these people claim as their Saviour if they are anti-Hebraic????

I'm also not so inclined to read so much about greek mythology. Instead I located another book on MainLesson's website with just one short chapter to be read on the 5 mythologies, rather than spending a whole 36ish weeks. (this also means we could skip Hawthorne's versions under the Year 2 free reads and we need to finish Otto of the Silver Hand, Along Came a Dog, and D'Aulaire's Lincoln in order to move onto Year 3 free reads)

Yet when it came to the biographical selections, We couldn't pick just one per term, so we are making a way to read them all.

I also recently have been locating resources to teach "furch" history with a pro-Hebrew Roots point of view. So far "One People Many Tribes" seems a good option. If there are others out there, please chime in.

and just for laughs --- we find it funny that Claude Monet's first name was Oscar and he too thought schools were like prison!

No comments: