Cross Column

Avodah - chinuch - hadracha - ezer kenegdo

3.10.2007

Making It Home Magazine

This is a great publication. It is the only magazine I read from cover to cover. My sister got me a gift sub to Christian Woman Today- I do not like that magazine. She also got me one for Family Circle- again I may read a feature article but then it gets tossed, such a drag of a magazine. But Making it Home magazine is a breathe of fresh air to me.

I enjoyed an article in issue number 9 written by a lady in Scotland who wanted to have some lambs. It is a very funny article. She must have a good sense of humor to be able to share this hilarious adventure with us and laugh at herself.

The current issue I am reading is #10 and the male editor in chief talks about how premarital sex leads to infedelity....this article had me so riveted, I was constantly sharing it's paragraphs with DH, who was busy playing counterstrike and eventually said, like I care. ....too bad because the man went on to say if any time he starts to take his wife for granted, he just tries to picture her with someone else, and he immediately snaps out of it and realizes the treasure he has. Not to mention he realizes that men who do get involved in "one night stands" could have prevented the scenario from occuring...and if one loses their life with the wife and only gets to see their kids on weekends- they have only themselves to blame and they should consider the cost....as he said no other woman is worth that price. (and vice versa of course!)

No comments: