7:30-8:15am: Rise and Shine, Read a chapter in Proverbs, do AM checklist (routine) DS has his own list of things to do each morning. These include make bed, get dressed, eat breakfast with mom, brush teeth, comb hair, and wash face. Of course my list is similar.
8:15am: Start Laundry
8:20am: Daily Cleaning - DS can help with this and/or play in his room - NO TV!
9:15am: Fold and/or Re-boot Laundry (our mini-dryer usually takes 2 cycles to dry even a small load of clothes; and yes we’ve mentioned this to the landlady…guess she does not care.)
9:30am: Exercise - DS can workout with me or do a table activity. (light brite, toy cars, water color paint, play-doh etc)
10:00am: I bathe or shower, depends if my hair needs to be washed. I try to only wash it 2-3 times a week because it takes a while to air dry and then straighten…yes, I know many people think they would love to have naturally wavy/curly hair…but I find it easier to be able to wake up and just run a comb through my hair instead of having to “wet” it down each day in order for it to curl and apply (yucky) product to prevent frizz. DS can play in his room or do a table activity, again NO TV!
10:30am: Home Edu. Time. To include - scripture memorization and pledges, phonics, math, copy work, poetry, literature, history, and science. (the last 4 are things I read aloud to DS) Next year we will also add French and other electives and this time will probably have to be spanned out before and after lunch.
Noon: Lunch and clean up from lunch time while we listen to the free local classical music radio station.
12:30pm: Board game or puzzle time together with hymns on in the background or Dave Ramsey.
1:00pm: free time. DS may play at pbskids.org or hot wheels.com or starfall.com or watch a 30 minute video. I would like to be able to check email and web logs at this time.
1:30pm: Outside or out of the house errands time. Ride bikes, take a walk, go to the park, library, grocery store, gymnastics at 3pm on the 5th day of the week, etc.
4:30pm: Dinner prep
5:00pm: Dinner and clean up
5:45pm: Family Fun Time begins. This can include swimming, playing ball in the side yard, visiting with other family/friends near-by, or “sniggle” time while watching a movie we all want to see. (when DS was 3 I worked outside the home full time and I had to leave at 5:30am to get to work. DS loved to “sniggle” with mommy when she was falling asleep every evening. I always thought the way he pronounced snuggle was cute and it stuck that way. :P ) On the 5th day of the week I currently also attend a Home Church service that starts at 7pm and last until????
9:00pm: Target time for DS’s PM Checklist to include - room rescue/toys put away, bathe, dress for bed, water for bedside, a story, prayer, kiss and hugs and tucked in.
9:30pm: Hopefully DS is asleep- growing boys need rest- and this til 11:30pm is “lovebirds” time. :-)
Of course we have certain sports camps and library events scheduled so some days will just have to be more flexible, but for most days this would be a nice summer schedule for us. Most afternoons and evenings are free to just enjoy each other's company.
Later this week: what we are currently doing (Year 0) and plans for next year (Year 1) Home Edu. Time. Yes, we lean Charlotte Mason style this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment