We can't in light of I Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Messiah Yeshua, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
So I am recording here my comment for those who'd like to see it.
well they didn't come from me but the Torah is perfect in that it shows us we are sinners and need a saviour and then after we are saved by Messiah we can obey HIS commands, which are Torah. No, following Torah does not save us from spending eternity in hell....only Yeshua (Jesus) can do that.
Everyone who follows Torah from a Messianic perspective does not think that is what saves them, rather we do so out of the love we have for Messiah. HE lived a Torah observant life and we are to take up our cross and follow HIM and HE says if you love me you will obey my commandments.
here's a neat write up on galatians
http://www.eliyah.com/galatianskjv.html
Matthew 5:17-20 (verse 19 is especially good)
http://www.eliyah.com/mat517.htm
http://followingtheancientpaths.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/why-are-we-messianic/
Remember when Messiah comes to reign HE will obey Deuteronomy 17:14-20
HE already wrote HIS copy of Torah on Mount Sinai.
Are you submitting to the Torah of HIS kingdom or practicing lawlessness??
2 comments:
This is a fascinating post.
My initial thought would be: We can all be of the same mind and joined in the same judgment even if we disagree on things like whether drums should be used in worship, the style of service we attend, the kinds of ministry we are involved in, and the "flavor" of following Christ to which we are drawn.
And I hope I am submitting to the good teachings of His Kingdom and not practicing lawlessness [smile].
Fascinating stuff!
~Luke
I agree whole-heartedly with you on this one! I try to be Torah-observant..and I just don't explain myself to folks any more, unless they really are interested in my thoughts on it.
Post a Comment